The Featherheads continued their generous support of the mission of Support Our Troops by donating $1,219 at the SOT charity golf tournament last month. Featherhead spokesman Doyle Hicks, accompanied by a dozen other Featherheads golfers, presented the cash to SOT tournament chairman Sam Goodrich at the tournament luncheon. The Featherheads is an informal group of Robson Ranch golfers who play golf several times a week and collect the money they donate to SOT by assessing a fee from each member of their group based on the number of eagles and birdies they make during each round of golf they play. They must play a lot of golf because they made a donation to SOT in March for $1,718, and over the course of the past three years they have donated almost $13,000 to the charitable outreach of SOT!
As is true for every donation that SOT receives, the Featherheads’ latest donation will be divided up so that 60% goes to support for the 80 military relatives of Robson Ranch residents and their assigned units, and the remaining 40% of the donation will be given to other worthy military charities that SOT supports such as Patriot Paws, Fisher House, Train a Dog/Save a Warrior and Center for the Intrepid. Unlike many other military charities the Robson Ranch SOT group is staffed completely by unpaid volunteers, which allows us to honor our pledge that 100% of every donated dollar goes to supporting the troops.