Fidelity SOT Charity Golf; more record fundraising

Active duty military golfers

Active duty military golfers

Sam Goodrich

Last month’s Fidelity Support Our Troops charity golf tournament continued a five-year string of record fundraising. While the 2017 tournament field was slightly larger than 2016 (125 participants, including 26 military), charity fundraising increased from the record $19,258 made last year to a new record of $20,303 at this year’s tournament.

Out of the $20,303 raised for charity, 60 percent will go to the direct support of 80 military men and women related to Robson Ranch residents; the remaining 40 percent will be donated to various other military charities such as Patriot Paws, which trains service dogs for veterans. As has always been the policy of SOT, 100% of every donated dollar goes to the troops.

The tournament is a unique partnership between generous Robson Ranch residents who host the visiting military, Robson Corporation who covers all of the military guest expenses, and a legion of charitable donors and sponsors who are the very heart of the charity fundraising effort.

The SOT golf committee is proud to recognize the following sponsors and donors for their commitment to our charitable efforts: Title Sponsor: Fidelity Investments; Legacy Sponsor: Robson Corporation; Triple Platinum Sponsors: Joe Cunneff of Raymond James and The Featherheads; Platinum Sponsors: P38 Enterprises and the CW2 Christopher Chabot Martin Memorial Scholarship Endowment; Gold Sponsors: Point Bank, Enervest, Ltd, and Rick and Linda Svoboda; Hole Sponsors: Gary and Carol Pniewski, Mike and Janie Simms, and Sam Goodrich; Silver Sponsors: Metro Golf Cars and The Marshall Firm; Donors: Ben E. Keith Inc, Robson Ranch Grill, Denton Country Club, Cowboys Golf Club, Coyote Ridge Golf Club, Bear Creek Golf Club, Vaaler Creek Golf Club; Texas Roadhouse, Pizza Hut, Kiln Krafters, Walmart, Sam’s Club, Valerie Tarren, UMB Bank, Lisa Cave, Don Duff, Judith Ream, Bill Marshall, Bill and Donna Chabot D’Augelli, Brown-Forman, Quinn Sowell and Mike Elliot.