Fidelity SOT Charity Golf – more record fundraising

2016 SOT Golf Military Guests

2016 SOT Golf Military Guests

Sam Goodrich

Last month’s Fidelity Support Our Troops charity golf tournament continued the string of record fundraising. While the 2016 tournament field was slightly smaller than 2015 (122 participants including 29 military), charity fundraising increased from the record $18,000 made last year to a new record of $19,258 at this year’s tournament.

Out of the $19,258 raised for charity, 60% will go to the direct support of 80 military men and women related to Robson Ranch residents; the remaining 40% will be donated to various other military charities such as Patriot Paws, which trains service dogs for veterans. As has always been the policy of SOT, 100% of every donated dollar goes to the troops.

The tournament is a unique partnership between generous Robson Ranch residents who host the visiting military, Robson Corporation who covers all of the military guest expenses, and a legion of charitable donors and sponsors who are the very heart of the charity fundraising effort. The SOT golf committee is proud to recognize the following sponsors and donors for their commitment to our charitable efforts: Title Sponsor: Fidelity Investments; Legacy Sponsor: Robson Corporation; Triple Platinum Sponsors: Joe Cunneff of Raymond James, and The Featherheads; Platinum Sponsor: P38 Enterprises; Gold Sponsors: Point Bank, Enervest, Ltd, Rick and Linda Svoboda, and the CW2 Christopher Chabot Martin Memorial Scholarship Endowment; Hole Sponsors: Gary and Carol Pniewski, Mike and Janie Simms, Bill and Donna Chabot D’Augelli, Roy and Angela Gay, Bob and Karen Brannon, Bill and Lynn Moore, Ray and Kathleen Wazny; Donors: Ben E. Keith, Inc, Robson Ranch Grill, Denton Country Club, Riverchase Golf Club, Willow Springs Golf Course, Lantana Golf Club, Oakmont Golf Club, Cowboys Golf Club, Lake Park Golf Club, Ridgeview Ranch Golf Course, Tangle Ridge Golf Club, Avid Golfer Magazine, Sam’s Club, Ray and Judy Cromer, Lawrence and Mary Carlson, Bill and Margaret Crawford, Golf Smith, Brown-Forman, Donna Chabot D’Augelli, Quinn Sowell, Bill Wright, Bill Crawford, Mike Elliot, Bob Wimberly, Larry Hull, Grady Petty, James and Karen Schwab, Wehba Harmon, Darin Burk, Jim Mankowich, Steve Williams, Jeff Harman, Harvey and Patricia Sands  and Anne Cole.