Dave and Roger have just delivered 130 goodie bags for the residents of Longmeadow Healthcare Center at 120 Meadowview Dr., Justin, TX 76247.
The goodie bags included a coloring book, package of candy, coloring pencils, and a handwritten valentine card, and were put together by the Kids at Life Works Community, located at 1804 Cornell Ln., Denton, Texas 76201. Life Works helps with local mildly intellectually disabled kids by getting them involved in community activities.
Life Works community awareness objectives include the following:
* To be involved in local community events
* To develop an awareness of the resources in the city of Denton
* To volunteer in the local community
* To develop planning and decision-making skills
* To learn community survival skills
* To learn appropriate community behaviors and skills
The Champions Rotary Club meets every Wednesday at 8 a.m. in the Mule Barn in Justin. You all come and see us!